EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: PhotoAccess Board Secretariat
PhotoAccess is seeking a motivated individual interested in arts and culture to perform secretariat duties on the PhotoAccess Board. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in joining an arts board in the future, interested in gaining a unique insight into the role and workings of an arts organisation, or wanting to demonstrate important skills for your future career.
You will work under the supervision of the Board Secretary and PhotoAccess Director. This is a volunteer role for one year, with 3 months probation (all PhotoAccess Board roles are volunteer roles). The role will involve an average of 5 hours work per month as required. This includes attendance at all Board and some committee meetings, which are mostly held before or after business hours. You will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement. While you will be a board observer, not able to vote, you will have the opportunity to observe all board business and gain a detailed understanding of the operations of an ACT key arts organisation.
Duties will include:
· taking accurate minutes at all board meetings and meetings of the committees of the board
· delivering board meeting minutes in a timely manner
· assisting the Director and other board members to coordinate meetings as required
· assisting the Director and Chair to collate the papers for board meetings as required
· assisting the Chair to prepare the Agenda for board meetings as required
· Capacity to take accurate meeting minutes
· Ability to coordinate meetings, dates and board papers
· Enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
· Interest in board process
· Interest in arts and culture
· Willingness to receive training, ask questions, take instruction and build on feedback
No previous experience on boards or in executive assistant roles is required. University students and emerging museum and gallery professionals are strongly encouraged to apply.