Are you a member and want to sign up for one of our subscription options? Please call our friendly staff on 02 6295 7810 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The PhotoAccess Bowens studio lighting kit is available for loan to members who have completed the one-day Introduction to Studio Lighting course. A 12 months subscription to the lighting kit costs $100 per year.
PhotoAccess has a number of paper backdrops in varies colours and lengths together with a backdrop stand that are available for loan to members. A 12 months subscription costs $60 per year.
COLORMUNKI® & EYE-ONE
The PhotoAccess ColorMunki® monitor and printer calibrator is available for loan to members. As is our Eye-One. A 12 months subscription costs $50 per year.
DIGITAL SLR CAMERA
One 2016 model Canon 700D digital SLR camera (with 18-55mm lens and 85-250mm lens) available for loan to members. A 12 months subscription costs $50 per year. Maximum loan period three days at a time.
The PhotoAccess darkroom is the only publicly accessible photographic black & white darkroom in the ACT region and is integral to the services provided by PhotoAccess to the community. PhotoAccess members who fulfill the darkroom induction terms have the option to purchase a PhotoAccess Darkroom Subscription as either a 1 day, 3 day, 3 month, 6 month or 12 month option. All chemicals and equipment will be provided. Members will need to bring their own paper, or can purchased paper from PhotoAccess. Please note that members receive free access to the film developing room.
INDUCTION: To use the darkroom members must have either completed a darkroom course with PhotoAccess (eg. Introduction to Black-and-White Film and Darkroom Weekend workshop or Beginners Black-and-White Film and Darkroom six-week course) or be able to demonstrate competency in the operation of the darkroom (at the discretion of the PhotoAccess Darkroom Supervisor).
Subscriptions allow members to use the darkroom as often as they like within the subscription period, during PhotoAccess opening hours, 10am-4pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 10am-7pm Thursdays and 12pm-4pm Weekends. Occasionally the darkroom may be unavailable due to a course or program booking.
DARKROOM SUBSCRIPTION RATES:
- 1 day access (flat rate) $40
- 1 day access concession (flat rate) $30
- Access between 4-7pm Fridays $10 flat rate
- 3 one-day standard access $100
- 3 one-day concession access $80
- 3 month standard subscription $200
- 3 month concession subscription $150
- 6 month standard subscription $300
- 6 month concession subscription $250
- 12 month standard subscription $500
- 12 month concession subscription $400
Members who have completed a darkroom course at PhotoAccess within the last 6 months will be entitled to a one-off 25% discount on a darkroom subscription.
OPENING TIMES: The PhotoAccess darkroom is open 10am-4pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10am-7pm Friday and 12pm-4pm Weekends.
FREE ACCESS DAYS: To ensure that PhotoAccess continues its commitment to providing access opportunities to all, including those who may be limited by income or other reasons, we have introduced regular members’ free access days. One Saturday each month during PhotoAccess opening hours will be scheduled as a free access day, where members who fulfill the darkroom induction terms can access the darkroom at no cost. Bookings essential. Upcoming free access days:
- Saturday 4 March 2017, 12pm-4pm
- Saturday 8 April 2017, 12pm-4pm
B&W PAPER & FILM AVAILABLE:
- 8"x10" resin coated photographic paper: 10 sheets for $15
- 12"x16" resin coated photographic paper: 3 sheets for $10
- 20”x24” resin coated paper: 1 sheet for $5
- 8"x10" fibre-based paper: 10 sheets for $20
- Ilford Delta 35mm film: $10 for 36 exposures
- 35mm, 120mm or 4x5in negative sleeves: $1 each or 10 for $5
B&W FILM DEVELOPING AND PRINTING SERVICES:
- Film developing service, $15 per film. Up to one-week turn around time. (Please note we cannot develop Kodak CN400 or Ilford XP2 film).
- Hand printed silver gelatin photographs, 8"x10" $20 each or 12"x16" $30 each
If you want to develop your back-and-white film yourself, as a member you can do so for free in the PhotoAccess film developing room - chemicals and developing equipment provided - bookings recommended.
- Processing Tanks for 35mm, 120, 4”x5” and 10”x8” film formats
- Durst Multigraph enlargers (35mm – 4”x5”) (x2)
- Print Dryer
- LPL 7700 enlargers 35mm-120 format (x4)
- There is also a finishing Room with a drying rack, large worktable, light table and matt cutter
HEALTH & SAFETY: Some photographic chemicals are hazardous. PhotoAccess ensures the safe handling and disposal of all chemicals and we teach and encourage best practice in OH&S matters. People with medical conditions or women who are pregnant should seek medical advice before working in the darkroom and film developing room. For health and safety reasons people using the facilities must be over the age of 10. Maximum of 6 people to be working in the PhotoAccess darkroom at any one time.
If you would like to use the PhotoAccess darkroom and take out a subscription please call us on 02 6295 7810 or email email@example.com
Subscription fees can be paid online.
SIGN-UP TO THE PHOTOACCESS DARKROOM E-NEWS
The free monthly darkroom e-news is a dedicated newsletter for members who are regular users of the PhotoAccess darkroom, listing upcoming courses and workshops, darkroom news, and other opportunities. Click here to sign-up.
SCANNING SERVICES (up to one-week turn around time)
- Per image (regular resolution scan up to 20x30cm output approx): $15
- Per image (high resolution scan up to A2 output approx): $35
- Per roll (regular resolution scan up to 20x30cm output per image approx): $20
- Writing images to USB: $5 (or free if USB provided)